By now, we’ve come to know how the economy can affect almost everything, including websites.
When times are tough, updating your website is the last thing on your mind what with the lack of budget or other things that are more important on your plate. Even when it’s going well, you have little reason to update your site. Although this may be how you are feeling, good times or bad, you now have a website that badly needs a makeover.
Why the makeover, you ask? According to a recent Globe and Mail article, more and more people are turning to the web to find info on products and services and unless you have a good website, we doubt if you will be able to sell well. Plus, social media is exploding and if you don’t take advantage of it, you are going to miss out on a lot of traffic generating to your website.
So, don’t you think it’s time for giving your tired looking website a fresh new coat of paint?
Here are a few rules to consider while redesigning your website:
- When looking for a web designer, go through several of them. Review their portfolios and find out if their work and style are in tune with your vision. If not, you should move on. Zero in on a designer whose work you find appealing, meet up with him and discuss the work and the processes used. Don’t hesitate to ask for references to get more information and insight about how other projects happened.
- Before giving wheels to your web design project, select several websites that you want your website to look like or have the features that you want your website to have. Also, ask the designer to take his pick. This will give you more insight into his taste.
- Have a structured process that sets off with an initial meeting followed by a brainstorming/information session. Follow it up with wireframes and mockups before you get to actually creating the design. You can always make changes later on.
- If you don’t like the direction your project is heading in, speak up. It’s your website and you want it to look good, don’t you?
- Establish a budget before you start and let the designer know about it.
Our team at Dynamix Solutions focuses on helping our clients maximize Information Technology in their business. This includes websites and social media.
Need help finding the right web developer to help your Markham and area business, give us a call today.
Comments are closed.