It’s much more common today for laptops to outsell desktops. With every new generation of laptop comes more power and features; the laptop is quickly outshining the beloved desktop computer. When you purchase a laptop today it comes equipped with the latest software for general computing, Internet access and gaming. You can now do almost anything with a laptop that can be done with a desktop computer.
The Survey Says:
A recent survey of 1,002 Quebecers conducted by research firm, Cefrio found that the laptop is the most popular choice of computer.
They found that:
- 60% have laptops, while only 52% have desktop computers,
- 42% have smartphones, fewer than in other provinces,
- 27% have tablets, similar to the percentage in other provinces,
- Only 12% have e-readers,
- 78% of the households are connected to Internet, the same as last year, and
- Quebecers spend approximately 20 hours per week on the Internet, nine hours on their work computer, seven hours per week on their laptop, five hours on their mobile devices.
Comments are closed.